You have to be as brainy as Bunsen Honeydew to name all these Muppets

Remember these bears, birds and goofballs?

Image: The Everett Collection

It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights… Four decades later, the Muppets continue to delight. This month marks the 40th anniversary of The Muppet Movie, which took Jim Henson's creations from television to the big screen.

Just about all of the Muppets below appeared in the film. The others are quirky favorites. See if you can remember their names! Good luck!
  1. This wild and crazy drummer is a fan favorite.
    Image: The Muppets (2011) / Walt Disney Pictures
  2. This mallet-wielding Muppet would smash the gong in The Muppet Show theme song.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  3. This laboratory assistant is typically in a state of panic.
    Image: Disney via The Muppets YouTube
  4. What is the name of this patriotic eagle?
    Image: Disney via The Muppets YouTube
  5. This keyboard-playing bandleader was performed by Jim Henson.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  6. Gonzo was in love with this particular chicken.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  7. Who is this realistic looking bear giving Kermit a bear hug on the 2015 series The Muppets.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  8. This hip, fish-faced Muppet with dreadlocks was the host of Muppets Tonight.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  9. This Muppet has a name that sounds like an Oceanic nation.
    Image: Disney via The Muppets YouTube
  10. Jean Stapleton sang an ode to her favorite Muppet, this "Crazy" pyromaniac.
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  11. Who is this dapper pig flirting with Leslie Ann Warren?
    Image: Disney–ABC Domestic Television
  12. This sophisticated dragon thespian made his debut alongside Vincent Price in a 1977 episode of The Muppet Show.
    Image: Disney via The Muppets YouTube

You have to be as brainy as Bunsen Honeydew to name all these Muppets

Save with

idkwut2use 25 days ago
10/12; the last two tripped me up.
BrianMoore 25 days ago
12 out of 12! Now please say The Muppet Show is coming to MeTV! There's only so much MASH and Hogan's Heroes a person can take.
DIGGER1 27 days ago
You have to be as brainy as Bunsen Honeydew to name all these Muppets
You got 9 out of 12
Impressive! You probably carried a Muppet lunch box to school.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was never very good at remembering names--not even "MUPPET" names.
MrBill 5 months ago
11/12; missed #12. Knew most but had to guess on a few and still only missed one.
WilliamLAllen 5 months ago
12 out of 12- I had to guess a few but most I knew by heart!
Doom 5 months ago
12 out of 12. I am a king-size dork when it comes to The Muppets. Now if only MeTV would/could start showing the original Muppet Show that would great. It's not like Disney is doing much with them these days... just sayin'.
AndrewHass 5 months ago
I was 7/12 which is still over 50%
Barry22 5 months ago
9/12, do not know The Muppets.
WILD 5 months ago
You got 10 out of 12
Impressive! You probably carried a Muppet lunch box to school.
WILD WILD 5 months ago
Missed #10 & 12.
cperrynaples 5 months ago
10/12! Missed 10 and 12!
10/12. I don't need to ask you which ones you missed, I know already. So you can guess, {like you need to!} which ones I did!
I have a quiz of my own. This is based on old school Sesame Street. Now surely, {"Don't call me Shirley!"} there must be those of you out there who remember old school SS.
1. This was one cool cat of a kid muppet. His first name is the last of two presidents, {hint: one had a date with "Infamy," and the other liked to "carry a big stick.} His last name is the same name as the man who discovered electricity.
2. What was the name of the muppet who was a game show host?
3. What was the name of the muppet magician, and what were his magic words?
4. What was the name of the the "World's greatest detective? His last name was lethal, his first name is the same as a certain fictional detective from across the pond.
5. What was the name of the sound effects muppet? Which muppet always annoyed him and made him mad? Where did that annoying muppet work?
Cperrynaples, I want to congratulate you on if you know any of these. Seeing how well you did with METV's quiz, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you knew the answers to my quiz queries. But like I said, this quiz is for all interested parties. Good luck one and all!
2. Guy Smiley
4. Sherlock Hemlock
Both of your answers are correct. Congratulations! I would say your prize is a cookie, but good luck in prying one from the clutches/jaws of the Cookie Monster.
Okay, let's try a tough one. Who was the stone god consulted by Ploobis, his wife Peuta, and their servant Scred? And on what series would you have met them all in the Land of Gorch?